Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome! My goal for this blog is to meet, commiserate with, cheer, encourage, inspire, and be inspired by other children's writers, both published and "pre-published." Among other things, I will share write-ups & articles related to children's publishing, anecdotes about my family (sorry guys!), reflections on current events or other issues that interest me that may or may not have something to do with writing or publishing, and also a "Quote of the Month."

Last, but not least, my nine-year-old daughter, whom I will refer to as "Sparkly, " will be presenting a weekly column, along with her friend, "Misty" (same age), covering (so they say) book reviews, kids' movies, fun kid websites, fun 'n easy kid recipes, crafts, and "kid news" (I'm not sure what this is, but they are). The column will be called Kidz Korner and will post every Tuesday on 2 or 3 of the aforementioned topics. They will be posting their own "Welcome" message in another day or two, before their official start on Tuesday. So if you know any kids who might be interested . . .

Well, that ends my very first blog post. I finally took the plunge! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

Congrats on your blog! Love the Kidz Korner idea.

Christina Farley said...

Your blog looks fabulous. Welcome to the world of blogging. I just started at Christmas and am addicted already. It's a great way to keep you inspired and in touch with the writing community.

Danette said...

Nice job, Crystal! Love the quote of the month idea.

Good luck with it!

Danette

Crystal said...

Thank you, all! I really appreciate your comments.

Glad you like the Kidz Korner idea, Martha! And yes, Christina, it sure is addictive and inspiring at the same time!

Thanks, Danette. Glad you like the Quote of the Month idea.

I hope to have more posts soon!