Monday, October 19, 2009

Sad day in Children's Lit

I don't know if anyone's heard about this yet, but I just read on Elizabeth Bluemle's Shelftalker blog that children's and young adult author, Norma Fox Mazer has passed away. You can read Elizabeth's tribute here.

I know Ms. Mazer will be sorely missed in children's litearture. I remember her as one of the first YA authors I read as a pre-teen, around the age of 11 or 12, I guess. She was an amazing author, to say the least. Among my favorite titles by her were (and I know this is going back aways): The solid gold kid, Taking Terri Mueller, and When she was good.

5 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Yeah, I agree, it is sad when the world loses a great author. :) Thanks for your comments on my blog:) Always nice to have you visit:)

Julie Dao said...

She was one of my favorite authors growing up as well. That's so sad! She and her work will be well-remembered.

Crystal said...

Your welcome, Tabitha! Yes, it is sad when the world loses a great author.

Hi Julie! Yes, Mazer's work will definitely be well-remembered. And thanks so much for stopping by! :)

cleemckenzie said...

I was so sad to read this. She was great.

Crystal said...

Yes, she was definitely one of the great ones, C. Lee.