Friday, May 22, 2009

Depressing news

Hi all,

I haven't really posted this week because my mind has been on the things going on at my company. I work for a reference publisher in New York and the layoff bug has seemingly gotten around to us now. One person from my department has been laid off so far. That leaves eight of us. And I don't think it's finished. Please, everyone, pray that no one else in my dept. is affected. We're really stretched to the limit as it is. And more people have been let go throughout the rest of the company. *Sigh* It's really depressing.

3 comments:

Tess said...

Ugh! That dreaded feeling is so miserable....sorry, friend! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you. Treat yourself to some Ben and Jerry's - that always helps me :D

Casey Something said...

You and your coworkers will be in my thoughts.

Crystal said...

Thanks, Tess & Casey. I appreciate it.